BENEFITS OF THE GOODS AND SERVICES TAX (GST)
- 17 types of indirect taxes have been merged in to one tax i.e Goods And Service Tax.
- Online Registration of dealer is done maximum within 3 days under GST.
- One nation one tax i.e. single rate is charged on same item in whole country. Previously there were different rates of tax in different states on same material.
- Simplification of GST Return is also made. Currently GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B are to be submitted online on monthly basis.
- There is no hurdle of checking on check posts on borders. Therefore, the quick movement of goods is made. Because of it lot of time and cost is saved.
- Previously, there was no input benefit of Central Sales Tax but now, Inter-state GST is eligible for input of tax credit.
- Central Government is thinking to bring petrol and diesel under GST after consulting with States. Currently petrol and diesel are covered under VAT and all States have their own rate of VAT on petrol and diesel.
- The central government has proposed to allow Input Tax Credit on certain genuine transactions. For example :- Supply of foods and beverages to employees, health services, hiring of motor vehicles, outsourced creche provided to working momen employees under the Materininity Benefit Act. Earlier no Input Tax Credit was not allowed on these transactions.
- According to new proposal, E-commerce companies are also to be liable for registration under GST law if their gross turnover less than Rs. Twenty Lakh in a financial year.
The Recommendations of 28th GST Council Meeting Held on 21.07.2018
I have already given the details of the outcome of 28th Council meeting held on 21.07.18 in the respective head of GST. There are some other general recommendations which are described as follows:-
- Certain supplies like supply of goods from a place in the non-taxable territory to another place in the non-taxable territory without such goods entering in to India, High sea supplies etc.
- Input Tax Credit will be allowed in case of Motor vehicles for transportation of money by a banking or financial company, motor vehicle having capacity of 13 persons including driver, vessels, aircrafts, maximum transactions in Schedule III, Services of general insurance, repair & maintenance of vehicles, aircrafts, vessels.
- If any recipient does not pay the due amount of invoice to the seller within 180 days and avails the input tax credit then the credit availed by the recipient will be reversed.
- Consolidate Debit Note or Credit Note can be given by the dealer in respect of multiple invoices issued during a financial year.
- The pre-deposit amount for making the appeal with Appellate Authority and Appellate Tribunal to be capped at Rs.25 Crores and Rs. 50 Crores respectively.
- Commissioner is empowered to extend the time limit for return of input up to one year.
- Commissioner is empowered to extend the time limit for return of capital send on job work up to period of two years.
- Learn Accounting, Free Accounting Tips
- General Accounting Terms
- General Tips Relating to Indian Income Tax Act
- Free Tally Learning
- General Tips Relating to Sales Tax-VAT
- General Tips Relating to GST