As we know that stock is treated as good as cash. Like a cashier is responsible for even a single penny, the store department is also held responsible for every thing relating to storage of material. Following points must be kept in mind by a store in-charge in respect of maintenance of stock items:-
- Store keeper must be technically qualified relating to the items in which the business firm is dealing. Otherwise it would be very difficult to identify the goods.
- Store keeper should not issue the material till he gets proper authorized intimation from the sales department.
- For each and every dispatch proper delivery challan should be prepared.
- Store keeper should not accept the material from the suppliers unless it is authorized by purchase department.
- All supplies must be matched with the purchase order of the customers.
- All purchases must be matched with the purchase order of the business firms.
- The store keeper must be very careful in respect of storage of the stock. He must make sure that there should not be any wastage of the store items.
- Store keeper must inform the purchase department well in time for purchases of materials according to the quantity available in stores.
- Physical verification of stock must be done from time to time.
- The safety of store items is direct responsibility of store keeper.
- Learn Accounting, Free Accounting Tips
- General Accounting Terms
- General Tips Relating to Indian Income Tax Act
- Free Tally Learning
- General Tips Relating to Sales Tax-VAT