ENTRY OF PURCHASE VOUCHERS
M/s XYZ Limited purchased goods from M/s Morning Place as per details given below:-
|LOCAL PURCHASE 5% TAXABLE||RS.10000/=|
|INPUT VAT @ 5%||RS. 500/=|
|TOTAL BILL VALUE||RS.10500/=|
How shall you enter the above bill in tally program in the books of M/s XYZ Limited?
First of all, Purchase Voucher shall be prepared for the above transaction as below:
M/S XYZ LIMITED
|DEBIT:||LOCAL PURCHSE 5% TAXABLE A/C||
|INPUT VAT @ 5% A/C||
|CREDIT:||M/S MORNING PLACE||
|(BEING GOODS PURCHASED FROM M/S MORNING PLACE AS PER THEIR BILL NO. 121 DATED 10.04.12 ENCLOSED|
Now, we shall enter above Purchase Voucher in tally as under:
- Open Tally program.
- Select your Company. In our case, we shall select M/s XYZ Limited.
- Select ‘’Accounting Vouchers’ under ‘Gateway of Tally’
- Now, the following screen will appear:-
- You want to enter a purchase voucher. See in right side. There are lots options available. One of those options is ‘F9 – Purchase’.
- Select this icon with the help of mouse or press ‘F9 key’.
- Select the icon ‘As Voucher’. You can enter the bill under ‘As Invoice’ also. But it needs lot of practice. For beginner to enter the voucher under ‘As Voucher’ is advisable.
- Now, select date icon or press’F2’ key.
- A box will show ‘Voucher Date’
- Write the date of voucher here i.e. 10.04.2011 then press ‘Enter’ key.
- Now a blank form will appear. You have to fill up the details as required in that form.
- First, in Cr. Particular Column write Morning Place. The moment you type ‘ M’ a list of account heads started with alphabet ‘M’ shall appear. You have select ‘Morning Place’ out of that list.
- In Credit amount column write 10500 then press ‘Enter, key.
- In Dr. Column press ‘Enter’ key.
- In Particulars press ‘L’ and select ‘Local Purchase @ 5% taxable’ out of the list given in right side.
- In Debit amount write 10000 and press ‘Enter’ key.
- Again in Dr. Column press enter and in particular column select Input Vat @ 5% out of the list and in Debit amount write 500
- In narration column write any narration which you think fit then press ‘Enter key’
- Now the screen will be as under
- Finally, Tally asks you ‘Yes’ or ‘No’. Here, you just stop and check that every detail is correct. If there is any mistake then press ’N’ key otherwise press ‘Y’ or press ‘Enter’ key.
- After you press ‘Y’, and all details vanish from the screen and a new voucher appears then you can say that your voucher is entered and saved.
- Learn Accounting, Free Accounting Tips
- General Accounting Terms
- General Tips Relating to Indian Income Tax Act
- Free Tally Learning
- General Tips Relating to Sales Tax-VAT