To alter the stock items under Inventory Maintenance in tally, the following procedure is to be followed:-
- Open the Company in which you want to alter the unit of measure. For example, we want to alter some unit of measure in M/s XYZ Limited. So, we will open M/S XYZ Limited.
- Select ‘Inventory Information’ under ‘Gateway of Tally’. Now your screen shall be seen as under:-
Select ‘Stock Item’. At this stage your screen will appear as under:-
- Now, select ‘Alter’. Now the screen shall be seen in the following forms:-
- From the list, suppose you want to alter ‘Cloth Shoes’ to ‘CLOTH SHOES (SIZE-6)’ then select ‘Cloth Shoes’. Here, you can make any change. Please note that after you make any change, you must press ‘Enter’ key till last. For Example, after alteration above item your screen will be as under:-
Finally Tally asks you ‘Yes or No’. Here, please wait for a moment and make sure that every thing is correct. Like this, you can alter any thing.
- Learn Accounting, Free Accounting Tips
- General Accounting Terms
- General Tips Relating to Indian Income Tax Act
- Free Tally Learning
- General Tips Relating to Sales Tax-VAT